Monster Island (モンスター島, lit. Monsutā shima) is a stop motion web series created by Max Carroll. Inspired by Goji73's popular Godzilla and his Amazing Friends series and the Godzilla Island television show, and based heavily on the later Shōwa Godzilla films, the series follows Godzilla and his kaiju co-stars, such as Anguirus, Mothra, Rodan, Baragon, King Caesar, and Jet Jaguar as they cause all kinds of shenanigans and protect their home of Monster Island, under the control of the U.N.S.C., and the world from alien invaders and other types of evil monsters.
Originally planned as an interquel to the films Terror of MechaGodzilla and Destroy All Monsters, the series was cancelled during writing and development, only to be revived several years later in a new direction. The series follows relatively the same synopsis and plot as the original concept, the only difference being that it's not set in any particular continuity other than being connected with the original 1954 Godzilla film.
On Monster Island, a large island located relatively close to the Ogasawara Chain near Japan, the monsters Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, Anguirus, Baragon, and King Caesar, along with their robot ally Jet Jaguar, live under the watch of the United Nations Science Committee (U.N.S.C.), causing shenanigans and interacting with one another. However, in times of hostility, the monsters band together in order to battle extraterrestrial threats, such as the likes of King Ghidorah and Gigan, and other evil monsters, such as Titanosaurus and Megalon, and protect their home and the Earth.
- Godzilla: The King of the Monsters and the primary protagonist. Godzilla spends his days playing with his brethren kaiju and sleeping. While normally docile, Godzilla can become a dangerous threat when angered. Godzilla is extremely protective of his friends and his home of the Earth. He does not particularly like humans but will tolerate them, even going as far as to befriend their robot guard station Jet Jaguar. It should also be noted that this Godzilla is the second of his kind, following his predecessor from 1954. Godzilla's design is based on the 1962 suit from King Kong vs. Godzilla.
- Minya/Godzilla III: Godzilla's son who hatched from an egg found on Monster Island. Godzilla broke open the egg, only to find the tiny monster inside, and protected it from a flock of Kamakiras. Godzilla ultimately began to train Minya on how to be the King of the Monsters.
- Anguirus: Godzilla's best friend and one of the secondary protagonists. Anguirus is considered to be the underdog of the kaiju, but is Godzilla's most trusted ally on Monster Island. Docile at most times, Anguirus is no pushover in a fight, as he will fight for his life if need be. Along with King Caesar and Mothra, Anguirus is also said to be the most noble of the kaiju, willing to do whatever is needed to protect his home, his friends, and the planet. Anguirus' design is based on the 1968 suit from Destroy All Monsters.
- Rodan: The last living pteranodon on Earth and one of the secondary protagonists. Rodan is the most reclusive of all the kaiju, preferring to remain in his cave and not interact with his fellow kaiju unless needed. Neutral at all times, Rodan is short-tempered and can be easily angered. He does not like humans period, and will attack if they approach. In spite of his short-temper, though, Rodan will fight for his survival and his friends to save his home. Rodan's design is based on the 1956 suit from Rodan.
- Mothra: A goddess deity from the now-leveled Infant Island and one of the secondary protagonists. Mothra is considered to be the most docile of the kaiju living on Monster Island and is one of the friendliest towards humans. Along with Anguirus and King Caesar, Mothra is said to be the most noble of the kaiju, willing to do whatever is necessary to protect her home, her friends, and the planet. Mothra's design is based on her 2003 puppet from Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.
- Baragon: An ancient dinosaur who can burrow underground and one of the secondary protagonists. Baragon is the most reluctant and worrisome of the kaiju and often does not participate in games played by Godzilla, Anguirus, or even Mothra. A shy kaiju, Baragon, like most of the other monsters, is a fierce fighter when angry. Baragon's design is based on the 1968 suit from Destroy All Monsters.
- King Caesar: An ancient, lion-like kaiju and the royal guard of the Azumi family and one of the secondary protagonists. King Caesar is a highly focused kaiju and is seemingly always meditating. His fighting skills make him a formidable opponent in battle. Like Anguirus and Mothra, King Caesar is considered to be the most noble of the kaiju, willing to do whatever is necessary to protect his home, his friends, and the planet. King Caesar's design is mainly based on the 1974 suit from Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla, with some elements from the 2004 suit from Godzilla: Final Wars.
- Jet Jaguar: A robot which can change size at will and one of the secondary protagonists. Jet Jaguar is considered as the "security guard" for the island, making sure that the kaiju don't escape or fight with one another. A close friend of Godzilla's, Jet goes from being an emotionless robot to a "metal human" which can interact with the kaiju. Jet Jaguar's design is based on the 1973 suit from Godzilla vs. Megalon.
- King Ghidorah: An evil, three-headed dragon from outer space and the primary antagonist. King Ghidorah is an immortal alien dragon of unknown origin hell bent on the conquest of Earth and the defeat of Godzilla, whom the dragon sees as his mortal enemy. He is so powerful that, even when faced with multiple opponents at once, Ghidorah is seemingly invincible. King Ghidorah's design is based on the 1964 suit from Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster.
- Gigan: An evil, cybernetically-enhanced, extraterrestrial monster and one of the secondary antagonists. Gigan is a "kaiju assassin" of sorts. He was originally sent to Earth by an unknown alien race to kill Godzilla, only to be defeated and sent packing. Now, Gigan returns, along with King Ghidorah, in order to get revenge on Godzilla and help take over the Earth. Gigan's design is based on the 1973 suit from Godzilla vs. Megalon.
- Megalon: An unintelligent, beetle-monster who is frequently dispatched to the surface of Earth to try and subjugate it. Megalon is worshiped as a god by a race of people who live below the Earth's surface. In spite of his sheer lack of intelligence, Megalon is one of the most physically powerful kaiju, being able to fight Godzilla to a stand still if given the right motivation. He is frequently paired with Gigan. Megalon's design is based on the 1973 suit from Godzilla vs. Megalon.
- Hedorah: An extraterrestrial "smog monster" who originated from an unknown planet in the middle of the Andromeda Galaxy and one of the secondary antagonists. Hedorah originally came to Earth in order to feed off of the excess pollution coming from Japan, but was repelled by the combined efforts of Godzilla, Mothra, and Jet Jaguar. Hedorah is the most toxic of the monsters due to his flesh being highly corrosive, enough to burn the tough hide of Godzilla himself. Hedorah's design is based on the 1971 suit from Godzilla vs. Hedorah.
- MechaGodzilla: A powerful, cybernetic doppelganger of Godzilla created by an evil alien army and one of the secondary antagonists. MechaGodzilla was sent to Earth to impersonate the real Godzilla, only to be exposed by Baragon and Rodan and finally defeated by Godzilla. MechaGodzilla is armed with a vast array of specialized weapons, including missiles and lasers. MechaGodzilla's design is based on the 1974 suit from Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla.
- Gabara: A bully monster who lives on Monster Island and originally inhabited the cave now slept in by Rodan and one of the tertiary antagonists. Gabara bears a strong dislike for all the monsters who live on the island due to him being originally the only one there in the first place, but especially hates Rodan due to the fact the the pterosaur sleeps in his former cave. Gabara is able to shock opponents by conducting electricity through his body. Gabara's design is based on the 1969 suit from All Monsters Attack.
- Ebirah: A lobster-like sea monster and one of the tertiary antagonists. Ebirah was found and taken to Monster Island by the U.N.S.C. after it was found swimming to Tokyo. Ebirah is a relatively agressive monster who frequently gets into fights with monsters like Baragon and Anguirus when they try and go for a swim. Ebirah's sharp claws have been shown to pierce the metal armor of Jet Jaguar at times. Ebirah's design is based on the 1966 suit from Ebirah, Horror of the Deep.
- Kamakiras: A gigantic praying mantis who resides on Monster Island and one of the tertiary antagonists. Like Ebirah, Kamakiras mildly aggressive, fighting other monsters who cross his path. However, unlike Ebirah, Kamakiras actually goes looking to pick fights with the other monsters, often with devastating results. Kamakiras is able to fly for short time. Kamakiras' design is based on the 1967 puppet from Son of Godzilla.
- Kumonga: A giant spider kaiju and one of the tertiary antagonists. Kumonga resides in a large, dried up ravine on a distant part of the island. While normally laid back, not bothering anything else, Kumonga, like a trapdoor spider, will sense if it's prey is walking nearby, and will emerge from the ground in order to attack it's meal. It's web is strong enough to restrain that of Godzilla and is a frequent enemy of Mothra. Kumonga's design is based on the 1967 puppet from Son of Godzilla.
- 1. Welcome to Monster Island: On Monster Island, the monsters Godzilla, Mothra, Anguirus, Rodan, Baragon, King Caesar, and their robot ally Jet Jaguar reside in peace, often playing games or tricking each other and getting into shenanigans.
- 2. Gabara's Revenge: After being kicked out of his cave during a fight with Rodan, the bully monster Gabara seeks revenge on the pterosaur.
- 3. :
- 4. :
- 5. :
- 6. :
- 7. :
- 8. :